Just when you thought it was time to hunker in for the winter after the Baltimore Ravens loss this year, the Dorchester Chamber of Commerce decides to start an Ice Oyster Festival on the Eastern Shore.
WHEN: Last weekend of January
- Friday, January 28, 2022 – 5pm-9:30pm
- Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022 – 3pm-9pm
- NOT Sunday
WHERE: Downtown Cambridge, Maryland
The event is going to feature ice sculptures, carving demonstrations, an outdoor oyster bar, interactive games for kids, and… fire pits with s’more stations!
This is the first time Cambridge is trying this event. It’s following the footsteps of Havre de Grace, which held its Ice Festival earlier January.
- See dazzling ice sculptures showcasing Eastern Shore culture, wildlife & more!
- Entertain your family with kid-friendly ice thrones and games
- Chill out on Cannery Way while feasting on local oysters and craft beer
- Check out an amazing Ice Bar with artisan ice cocktails to warm you from the inside out!
- Watch top ice carvers demonstrate the artistry of their craft
- Warm your hands or make a s’more in one of a dozen fire pits
- Oyster Shucking and Slurping Relay Competition – click here for more details.
Cambridge is knows for its tasty oysters, brinier than you’ll find in the Annapolis area. JM Clayton Company shucks oysters for a living during the winter. Their professional shuckers may provide some good competition in the relay race.